Innovative Chemistry Applied to Materials Science
Lorad was established in 1998. Since then, Lorad has become a recognized leader in the research, development and manufacture of inorganic materials for many materials science applications.
We Custom Synthesize Materials and develop novel, cost-effective manufacturing processes for our products. R & D, Pilot, Production….production reactors, microreactors, we can apply the appropriate chemistry, tools and technology to assist you.
Let's look at just a few of our accomplishments:
- Pioneered continuous processes for the manufacture of sulfides, carbonates, oxides/hydroxides, phosphates as nano-powders and nano-composites. Multi-kg quantities available.
- Developed a New Process for manufacturing Oxide nano-powders. This is a very flexible process. We can synthesize materials such as:
- Developed new procedures for manufacturing Fluorides such as:
- Developed new methods for manufacturing vanadium materials for lithium ion batteries such as:
- Developed many methods for synthesizing sulfides, including several as nano-powders for applications as diverse as phosphors/LED, battery, photovoltaic, thermoelectric, catalyst and optical window applications.
- Strontium Sulfide (SrS)
- Strontium Gallium Sulfide: doped with rare earth metals (SrGa2S4:RE)
- Calcium Sulfide (CaS)
- Gadolinum Oxysulfide: doped with rare earth metals (Gd2O2S:RE)
- Iron Disulfide (FeS2)
- Cobalt Disulfide (CoS2)
- Nickel Disulfide (NiS2)
- Copper Iron Sulfide (CuFeS2)
- Copper Zinc Tin Sulfide (Cu2ZnSnS4)
- Tin(II) Sulfide (SnS)
- Tin (IV) Sulfide (SnS2)
- Lanthanum Sulfide (La2S3)
- Cerium Sulfide (Ce2S3)
- Calcium Lanthanum Sulfide (CaLa2S4)
- Zinc Sulfide (ZnS)
- Zinc Sulfide: Silver doped (ZnS:Ag scintillator)
- Zinc Sulfide-Gallium Sulfide (ZnS-Ga2S3)
- Developed a process for the Bulk synthesis of electro-conductive Antimony doped Tin Oxide.
- Developed new procedures for the manufacture of a high purity Lithium sulfide, Li2S.
- Developed a new process for Molybdenum Disulfide, Tungsten Disulfide and transition metal sulfide composite nanopowders for battery and catalyst applications.
- Developed a wide range of custom synthesized phosphors. Materials for LED’s, Radiation Detection and Security Applications.
- Fuel Cell Oxides: Developed Processes for the Manufacture of Phase Pure Lanthanum –alkaline earth manganites, ferrites and cobaltites. Anode and Cathode powders available. Nano-powders also available.
- Developed CVD Precursors for vapor and aerosol source depositions. Deposited ZnS, CdS, ZnO:Al, ITO,ZrO2, Y2O3, MgO, Spinel, SnO2:F etc. on Quartz, Si and GaP substrates.
We have a wide range of expertise and manufacturing capabilities. To discuss how we can help you, please contact us at +1 (727) 826-5511 or email@example.com.